Wednesday 14 September 2011

Tears in a childs eye

Last night the father of two of my children died.

To watch them go through the same pain that I have suffered, the same pain that we all ultimately suffer is horrible. I have seen many dead bodies in my life, been at the deaths of loved ones but the total feeling of uselessness that I had last night will live with me forever.

In many ways it is easier to deal with the pain if you are suffering it yourself. I would gladly have taken that pain on board if I could have but the reality is that it doesn't work that way.

I am here when they need someone to talk to, and I shall hold them if they need comforting. I will do all that I can.

As I head off to another funeral this morning with the thought that another is just around the corner it reminds me that we have but a short time on this planet and what we have been given we should use wisely.

So whatever you are doing today go with grace, humility, love and above all passion 

No comments:

Post a Comment