Monday 19 September 2011

Of memories, of heroic deeds, of life

Wow now there's a title. Well I though I'd better have something catchy as this blog is designed to coincide with my 5000th tweet on twitter and I can't say in 140 letters what I want to say here.

I have shared many things with you over the past year or so. Thoughts, memories, sadness, laughter and opinion have all been there and the writing of my several blogs has been a cathartic experience, hopefully one that will continue for a good while yet. So when I look back at this last week I have to say that it has been an eye opener even for someone as long in the tooth as me.

Last night following the canal barge trip I sat with some of my family and my son's friends at his and his partner's house. We ate, drank beer and wine,we laughed and we watched TV. Quite normal you would think? Well bearing in mind that this has not been a normal week it was a wonderful distraction.

Today as I woke up it was a normal day, the car breaking down, again,chores to be done and work to be planned. And then I saw something on the TV which brought me to tears again, the death of Ginger 'Mr Grand National' McCain. And it set me to thinking once again about those things that have shaped my life and made me who I am today.

I have learned so many things and I still keep on learning every day, it is a lifelong experience, yet the thing that keeps coming back to me is the raw emotion of the power of love. I have spoken about hope and love before and I am no one trick pony however the reality of life is that love and hope are so important. I know that I love my children for instance, and I hope that I have done a good job as their father or adopted father. I know that I love sport and I hope that one day I will again be able to take some kind of part in sport from a participants view. I know I have the capacity to love, for I am human, and I hope I use that gift wisely, it's all anyone can do.

I hope that you enjoy this little thought process and I hope that Ginger has bee reunited with his Rummy in the vastness of the time and space of the universe.

I know my spiritual home has always been Liverpool, and maybe that is why the passing of the man has made me think back about all that I have known, learned and experienced. As he joins with his loved ones I hope that I shall never be separated from mine in any time or space.

I would truly love it if that were the case...

No comments:

Post a Comment