Monday 13 February 2012

Senior's thoughts on Love

So much has been written on the subject of love that I felt it was only fair that I put my few thoughts down too. Not that in anyway can I compare myself to Shakespeare, Shelley, Byron or Browning.

Does love make the world go round?  Will you be there always waiting for me? Will you always love me? and are you crazy for me? Or were we just kicking leaves in Belsize Park?

This mysterious thing that we call love is the purest of emotions, the rawness of the teenage love, the depth of the devoted couple caring for each other when on their Zimmer frames as they try to navigate those final few moments together and the unadulterated simplicity and bewilderment of childbirth when that oh so precious bundle pops their head into this world for the first time.

We write about it, we sing about it, we eulogise about it we feel it's highs and lows, the joy and the pain and like an opiate more powerful than heroin we need it's claws to be deep within our soul. 

In this world in which we live there is much hate and sorrow brought about by power struggles for money or for territory but in reality the most powerful force in the universe will always be love. We are slave to it's mastery and we pay homage on days like today. 

So wherever you are today and whoever you are with, or want to be with, remember that you have the capacity to give to someone the greatest gift that you can...........

your unrestricted unblemished and totally amazing love.

Use it wisely, peace and happiness to you all 

No comments:

Post a Comment